We are committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services, obtain our products or otherwise interact with us.
This privacy notice was last updated on 7th April 2021.
Who we are
We are a cleaning company operating across the UK.
Our registered address is:
Unit 11, Compass House, Tawe Business Village, SA7 9LA.
CS Group will be referred to in this privacy notice as “CS Group”, “we”, “us” or “our”.
What this notice applies to: This notice applies to personal information we collect about you when you interact with us, for example when you use our website to request a cleaning service. It sets out:
- what information we collect, and from whom;
- how we use that information;
- who we share your information with;
- how your information is protected;
- your rights in relation to the information we hold about you; and
- how long we keep your information.
Changes to this privacy notice: We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and we encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Any material changes will be notified to you by updating them on our website.
1. What information does CS Group collect?
Information you provide to us voluntarily:
You may give us your personal information when you:
- order products and services from us;
- use our products and services;
- use, or provide a comment or write a review on, our website;
- correspond with or contact us;
- interact with us on social media platforms;
- request a call back through our website;
- otherwise interact with us or provide information to a third party to be referred to us.
Where we request information from you we will collect the information set out in the relevant forms or pages, or as explained to you over the telephone. You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us. We don’t record calls, we post customer feedback on our website and personal information is stored on our customer databases only for the duration of a contract we enter into with you.
Information we collect automatically:
We collect certain related data of visitors to our websites automatically including what pages you have viewed, for how long and your website journey.
Information is also collected about how you arrived at our websites in the first place, including what links or adverts of ours you have viewed or clicked on to reach us, or any search terms you have used. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors to our website use the site, including collecting information on how long customers spend visiting our content items, how often they return to visit our websites and what demographic categories they fall into.
We do not place Cookies on your device.
Information which is available publicly:
Your personal information may be available to us from external publicly available sources: for example, geo-demographic information and information from public registers such as listed directorships, information from the electoral roll and press reports. In addition, depending on your privacy settings for social media services, we may occassionally access information from those accounts or services.
2. What types of information does CS Group process?
We collect, store and use the following types of information:
- your name and contact details (including your postal address, telephone number, email address(es);
- financial information such as bank details or credit/debit card details where you provide this to make a payment;
- details about the products and services we provide to you;
- details about how you use our products and services;
- information provided when you use our products or services, including where you are seeking guidance or advice;
- correspondence you have had with us;
- comments and reviews you have left on our websites;
- information about your computer / mobile device and your visits to and use of our websites, including for example your IP address;
- details about you that are stored in documents in different formats, or copies of them; and
- any other information shared with us as described in section 1 above.
3. How does CS Group use my information, and on what legal basis?
The following sections describe in more detail how CS Group may use your information, and in particular the legal grounds on which we rely in doing so.
What we use your personal information for
We use the information collected for a number of purposes, including:
- to deliver our products and services;
- to make and manage payments;
- to manage our relationship and communicate with you;
- to provide you with advice or guidance about our products and services;
- to respond to complaints and seek to resolve them;
- to enhance your online experience;
- to understand your website journey, including what pages you have viewed and for how long;
- to administer and keep safe and secure our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to train our staff and measure the quality of the service we give you; and
- to obey laws and regulations that apply to us.
The legal grounds we rely on to process your information:
The legal grounds on which we rely are:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations (for example in order to provide the products or services requested and to contact you if a problem arises with them);
- to pursue our legitimate interests (for example to facilitate your use of our websites, including obtaining products or services via our websites, or for marketing);
- your consent; and / or
- to fulfil a legal duty.
When we rely on our legitimate interests, these are as follows:
- keeping our records up to date;
- charging for products and services;
- developing products and services;
- marketing our products and services;
- administering our websites and keeping it safe and secure;
- ensuring that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- facilitating your use of our websites, including obtaining products or services via our websites;
- measuring the use of our websites and improving their content and accessibility;
- tailoring content and our communications so that they are most relevant to you;
- complying with legal and / or regulatory requirements;
- identifying consumer trends;
- understanding products, services and the consumer experience; and
- informing and generating content (for our editorial outputs and other channels).
4. Who does CS Group share my information with?
We, do not normally share your personal information with any third parties, see other third parties below.
Other third parties
Third parties may be contacted when you ask us to contact companies on your behalf during the contract between us.
Other circumstances in which we will disclose your information
We will disclose your information to local and foreign regulators, governments, law enforcement authorities, advisors, courts, tribunals and arbitrators when we have a legal obligation to do so or when we believe our compliance with the request to be fair, reasonable and lawful, e.g. to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches, fraud or other crimes.
We will also disclose your information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, for example:
(i) to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
(ii) to ensure the safety and security of our users, consumers and third parties; and
(iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our website visitors, consumers and third parties.
Location of third parties
Some potential recipients of your information might be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in jurisdictions which do not have the same data protection laws as those in the EEA. If we do transfer your information outside the EEA we will take appropriate steps to protect that information, which include:
• transferring to third parties in jurisdictions that the European Commission has determined offers adequate protection for your information (and information relating to adequacy decisions made by the European Commission are available here); and
• entering into an agreement with the recipient, which includes clauses that the European Commission has determined offers adequate protection for your information.
For more information, please contact us using the details outlined in section 10. How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice? below.
5. What are my data protection rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access: The right to request access to and a copy of your personal information (which can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Restriction: You can ask us to pause processing your information in certain circumstances (e.g. you are disputing its accuracy);
- Rectification: You can have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete all your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected);
- Objection: You can object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Objection to marketing: Please see section 7 (Marketing and advertising) below, for information about how to opt-out of direct marketing communications;
- Portability: You can ask us to transfer your information electronically to you or another organisation in certain circumstances;
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your information, you can withdraw consent at any time, although this will not affect our uses of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent; and
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) or other relevant supervisory authority: You can complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email) or other relevant supervisory authority about any aspect of our handling of your information.
More information about the right to complain can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise them, please contact us using the details at section 10 (How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice?) below.
Please be aware that you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information. However, failure to do so may, in some circumstances, prevent us from being able to provide you with products and services, or otherwise interact with you.
When exercising your data protection rights we may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please email or write to us using the details outlined in section 10. How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice? below. All of these rights are free to exercise and we will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible and in any event, within one month of receipt of your written request. We will inform you within one month of receipt of such request if we will need longer to respond, for example due to the complexity of the request.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please always let us know if you think that it is not and needs updating. Details of how to get in touch are in section 10. How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice? below.
6. How long is my information retained?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep information about you for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your information. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised.
Examples of our retention periods are:
Where you request one of our services, we would normally keep your information for the duration of your contract and then a period of up to three months maximum.
Where we need to keep your information for dealing with legal claims or complaints, we would normally keep it for seven years from the end of that matter.
Where you have sent us correspondence, we would normally keep that for one year after the issue has been dealt with.
Where you have provided information that informs and/ or generates content for our editorial outputs and other channels, we will normally keep that information for up to seven years (but usually for one year after publication of the relevant content).
7. Marketing and advertising
We may use the information you provide to send you occassional communications about CS Group’s products and services during the duration of a contract entered into. This might be by telephone or postal marketing in furtherance of our legitimate interests, or for marketing by email or SMS, with your consent.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by clicking on the “My Consents” link in the footer of our emails, or by writing to us, emailing us or phoning us. All details can be found in section 10. How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice? below.
You can also unsubscribe from receiving any further marketing communications.
8. Links to other websites and social media
Where we provide links to other websites, we do so for information purposes unless otherwise indicated. The other websites are outside our control and are not covered by this privacy notice. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy notice, which may differ from ours.
On some pages of our websites, third parties that provide content, applications or plug-ins through our Website may track your use of content, applications and plug-ins or customise content, applications and plug-ins for you. For example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this.
9. Use of our Website by minors
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you provide information to us via our websites. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with information and, in the event that they do so, we will cease to process their information as soon as we find out.
10. How may I contact CS Group about its privacy notice?
You can contact us by post, telephone and email as follows:
Tawe Business Village
07717 303 777